Project Advisor for #acousticommons
Freelance Post - 20 days @ £250 / £5,000
We are currently seeking to recruit a project advisor to support the management of a Creative Europe funded small co-operation project.
Over three years (2020-22), Acoustic Commons is developing work between Full of Noises (Barrow, Cumbria - lead partner), Locus Sonus (Aix-Marseille), CONA (Ljubljana), Soundcamp (London), HMU (Crete) and Cyberforest (Tokyo).
Acoustic Commons is a Creative Europe funded collaboration between four arts organisations and a range of associate partners, each with close links to a specific site of cultural and/or natural heritage value. Acoustic Commons draws upon and develops those links, through a range of creative and technical approaches and innovative ways to engage with audiences and places.
Our work to date has included developing an interactive map of live environmental sounds; radio broadcasts following the dawn chorus around the globe; sound art residencies and sound and ecology festivals. Building on these initiatives, we are developing a network to share creative & technical resources for the growing number of artists, scientists and other listeners working with sound to make and environmental connections.
Post: Project Advisor
We are looking for a freelance project advisor to work alongside lead partner Full of Noises to advise and support administration of the Creative Europe Small Co-operation project grant. The project includes a range of outcomes including: workshops, online events, camping events, residencies, commissions and exhibitions. The total project budget is €374,000.
The advisor will have previous experience of managing and reporting on Creative Europe grants at a similar or larger scale, and of working with multiple partners across the cultural sector. The advisor will work with Full of Noises’ artistic director to provide advice and support in the form of:
- Review of financial reporting and evidence collection and completion of final report
- Advise on sourcing of an independent financial auditor within the UK
- Review of comms and marketing activity, sharing of project outcomes and crediting
- Review of audience data collection and reporting
- Advise on completion of final reports (August - November 2022)
- Working with the Audience Development co-ordinator to action any recommended actions
- Work with the independent evaluators to feed into final report
- Advise on development of an application for stage 2 of the project in 2022
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to see the full project proposal document and/or application before applying.
This is a freelance post, commencing in November 2021. The role is for a total of 20 days across the project lifespan, at a daily rate of £250 per day (inclusive of any travel costs) to include an average of 1-2 days per month.
Contract: Part time - 12 months, average 1.5 days p/month 20 days @ £250
Employment period: November 2021 - November 2022
Employer: Octopus Collective Ltd / Full of Noises
Location of post: Remote / home working. Optional use of FoN office space in Barrow Town Centre. Minimum 2 meetings on site during duration of project (expenses available)
Responsible to: Artistic Director
Key areas of work: Advising the lead project partner on the management and compiling of the final report for Creative Europe grant (€200,000); to include review of financial evidence, comms and marketing, audience data, qualitative data and early development of a further application in 2022.
Eligibility: Applicants must be registered as self-employed and have the right to work in the UK.
● Have demonstrable experience of working within small or large Creative Europe Co-operation projects with a range of cultural organisations.
● A relevant qualification to degree level or equivalent in an associated subject
● Have practical experience of online accounting software and management of project budgets
● Be computer literate - email / spreadsheets / word processing
● Have excellent spoken and written communication skills
● The ability to work as part of a team and to be self-motivated
● Access to your own computer or laptop
● Able to make up to 2 site visits to Barrow throughout the project lifespan
● An approachable, personable and clear communicator with energy and commitment
● Ability to empathise and problem solve imaginatively with a positive attitude.
Submission deadline: Friday 29th October 2021, 18:00
Interviews: Wednesday 17th November 2021
If you have any questions relating to the job description or application process, please contact: