Walking and Listening:
Natalie Sharp, Tim Shaw & RL Wilson
at Drigg Dunes
Walking and Listening: Natalie Sharp, Tim Shaw & RL Wilson at Drigg Dunes
Saturday 25th June
Meet at Drigg Beach Car Park: 1pm
Return to car park: 5pm
Free - click here to book a place
To celebrate World Sand Dune Day, West Cumbrian arts platform RE Drift partnering with Full of Noises and Dynamic Dunescapes, invite the curious to Drigg Dunes for the second summer outing of 2022. Join us at Drigg Beach Car Park for a walk across the dunes interspersed with performances from invited artists:
- Supported by Acoustic Commons, RE Drift and FoN, artist Natalie Sharp will be performing as part of her current SPUME residency in the area working with her Dad to playfully respond to morse code, interspecies communication, the Seychelles and the sea.
- Sound artist extraordinaire Tim Shaw will be leading us on an ambulated sound tour through the dunes and performing Points of Failure at the Old Wardens Hut.
- Host RL Wilson will once again inhabit the role of former warden Major Rose - as our guide to the dunes.
Please note that:
- The meeting point is at Drigg Beach Car Park, not the village centre as shown on the event page map.
- This event includes a walk of approximately 4-5 miles at an easy pace with regular stops.
- The dunes are accessible for good walkers with stout footwear. Wet weather gear is also recommended.
- There are no facilities on or near the dunes and we recommend bringing your own snacks and water.
- For habitat conservation we regretfully ask you not bring dogs.
- Places are limited - please book a free ticket to ensure a place.
Please contact us with any enquiries at email@example.com
Main image by Laurence Campbell
The Acoustic Commons is a Small Cooperation Project supported in part by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union.