Full of Noises 2018 – 17-19/08/18
Full of Noises 2018
Venues around Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria
Weekend passes from £12
Click here for advance tickets
Read the full programme at Issuu (above) or click here to download a pdf copy directly (13mb)
Full of Noises returns this August, bringing new music and sound art to the unique surroundings of the Furness Peninsula. Artists include:
- Composer / cellist Maja Bugge (with Adam York Gregory and Herve Perez) and artist Rebecca Chesney present work drawing upon their residencies with South Walney Nature Reserve.
- Tomoko Sauvage and ASUNA present new installation work and performances at Barrow’s Cookes Studios as part of the Yo No Bi tour in collaboration with ame.
- Sam Underwood, Sarah Kenchington and Ryoko Akama create new sound works for Barrow Park alongside the Hive, a work by Ikbal Lubys & Tony Maryana in collaboration with Laurie Crombie. Jenn Mattinson also presents an oral history of Barrow Park in the hothouse
- The Art of Magic – a new collaborative installation and performance devised by Folklore Tapes and The Museum of Witchcraft and Magic in Boscastle, Cornwall.
- Artist/filmmaker Helen Petts presents her new film Space & Freedom looking at the work of Taiwanese artist Li Yuan-chia.
Click here to read more about the artists taking part in this year’s programme.
Venues / times
- Fri 17th August (with Tomoko Sauvage, Rebecca Chesney, Helen Petts – Space & Freedom (film), Art of Magic – performance) – 19:00 – 22:00, the Nan Tait Centre, Abbey Road, Barrow-in-Furness
- Sat 18th August (with ASUNA – 100 Keyboards performance, Maja Bugge, Hervé Perez, Adam York Gregory, Bev Paddon) – 19:00 – 22:00, the Nan Tait Centre, Abbey Road, Barrow-in-Furness
- Installation works by Art of Magic and Tomoko Sauvage, Fri 17th – Sun 19th – 12:00 – 17:00, Cookes Studios, Abbey Road, Barrow-in-Furness
- Installation works by Sam Underwood, Sarah Kenchington, Ryoko Akama, Jenn Matinson and Ikbal Lubys & Tony Maryana in collaboration with Laurie Crombie – (free admission) on Fri 17th – Sun 19th – 12:00 – 17:00, Barrow Park, Abbey Road, Barrow-in-Furness
Advance tickets now on sale at: eventbrite.co.uk
Full of Noises is a biennial festival founded in 2009, taking place in sites of architectural and acoustic interest around the post-industrial town of Barrow-in-Furness. Starting life in the former canteen building of a Trident submarine plant, the festival has hosted artists ranging from Faust, AGF, Hildur Gudnadottir and Tetsuo Kogawa to Laura Cannell, Lee Patterson, Lee Gamble and Ryoko Akama. Touring events have taken place with venues and partners including Cafe OTO, Liverpool Biennial, Beacons Festival and National Trust Castles in the Lake District.